Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Why sourdough?
All our breads are made of sourdough starter - which means we do not use any commercial yeast in the process of making them. This will allow slow fermentation which results in great flavour and texture in all my breads.
2. What is in the bread?
Flour, water and salt. Also some milk, sugar and butter in the sweet dough. In short, only natural ingredients. We do not use any preservative or artificial additive such as softener or chemical in the breads.
3. What are the benefits of sourdough?
|Contains artificial yeast
|Easier to digest
Glycemic Index (the lower, the smaller the sugar spike)
|4g+ per slice
|2g+ per slice
Sourdough bread is a type of slow-fermented bread that is made of sourdough starter which acts as a natural leavening agent. Slow fermentation results in great naturally tangy flavors with chewy texture in the bread. Our country loaf is baked daily using only 3 ingredients: Flour, water and salt.
As sourdough bread goes through a long fermentation (>12hrs) it will break down most carbohydrates & gluten inside the bread. This is why it is easier to digest and has lower GI. Not only that, it also provides good acid with lots of good bacteria and probiotic with it.
4. When will I receive my order?
All orders will be sent out within 1-2 working days after payment is confirmed. You may expect to receive your order 2-3 days after it is sent out. However, note that we only send out orders from Sunday to Thursday to avoid delay over the weekend on the courier side.
5. How will I know if my order has been processed or sent out?
All orders are baked to order according to our order list. There might be a short wait due to the overwhelming response that we are getting. However, rest assured that we will get to your order as soon as we can! You will receive an email notification with tracking no. once your order is sent out.
6. What if my payment was unsuccessful during check out?
Place a new order and go through the payment process again.
Note that orders are only processed after payment is successfully made.
7. How to enjoy the bread?
- Sourdough country loaf & sourdough bagels - sprinkle some water on the sliced surface and warm it in toaster at 170-180°C for 3-5 mins
- Sourdough donuts - warm it in the microwave for 15secs to soften it and generously coat it with the sugar provided. Alternatively you may also use air fryer if you have one at home
- Sourdough baguette/croissants - Warm it in toaster at 170-180°C for 2-3 mins
8. How long will the bread last? And what to do after I receive my bread?
The breads will generally last 2-3 days in normal room temperature. So if you're planning to have it within the same day, there's no need to chill it. However, if you're planning on having it later, it can last up to 1-2 weeks in the fridge, or longer in the freezer.
9. What's the difference between Standard Delivery and Bengbeng Guarantee shipment?
|RM8 + RM3 (handling fees)
|Estimated time of delivery once order been shipped out
2-3 working days
Tracking no. is provided
Resend entire order if you didn't receive it more than 3 days after order is sent out
|Resend any moldy bread
|Available for orders, been delayed for 3 days after it was shipped out.
Note: Our standard delivery method (RM8 to anywhere in peninsular Malaysia) with an extra RM3 handling fees.
10. What is Bengbeng Guaranteed Delivery? And is it worth it?
Beng guarantees the arrival of your bread in a safe and good condition. In any case you haven't received your order within 3 days after it has been shipped out, our team shall resend your entire order again without any extra charges. OR you may also request for a refund.
11. Can I get a refund when using Standard Delivery?
Unfortunately no. In case your order has been delayed more than 3 days after it has been shipped out, kindly check the condition of the bread upon arrival. If there's any moldy bread, we will send you a new batch of the items that went bad only. If you have any questions regarding the condition of the bread, please get in touch with us via our social media/email.